Prior To Your Appointment
At the time of booking your appointment and prior to entering our clinic, a self-declaration of health with a series of screening questions will need to be performed. If you have been out of the province within 14 days of your appointment, if any of the following symptoms develop or if you come in to contact with a confirmed COVID19 positive individual, please reschedule your appointment.
- Shortness of breath (difficulty breathing)
- Sore throat and painful swallowing
- Stuffy or runny nose
- Loss of sense of smell
- Loss of sense of taste
- Muscle aches
- Loss of appetite
If you need to reschedule your appointment, please follow this link to consider a Tele-optometry visit.
Arriving at Your Appointment
Please follow the guidelines as we are limiting access into the office:
- Call from your vehicle when you arrive so we can collect additional information we need, accept payment if applicable, and review the screening questions. One of our team members will authorize your entry
- Arrive alone unless accompanied by one parent, guardian, or caregiver
- Arrive wearing a mask, gloves are optional
- Sanitize your hands upon arrival
- Please keep in mind the bathroom is closed to patient use
- Maintain physical distance within the office (2 meters apart)
- When trying on frames please do not return them to the display. Place them in the tray provided for sanitizing after use
Health and Safety is Our Priority
Health and safety protocols begin before you even enter the clinic and continue throughout your visit at Willoughby Doctors of Optometry. Entry into the office will be by appointment only.
In circumstances where physical distancing is not possible (eg during parts of your eye exam, during an eyewear fitting), we have PPE in place to keep you, our team members and optometrists safe. This includes, but is not limited, to sneeze guards, face shields, safety eyewear, N95 masks or surgical masks, and gloves.
All Willoughby Doctors of Optometry team members, including the optometrists will needs to complete a self declaration of health. Frequent hand washing will be enforced, especially after each patient encounter.
All points of contact in the clinic including the examination room will be disinfected after each patient encounter. However, we are happy to say the disinfection process in the exam room and pre-test area was in place prior to the COVID 19 pandemic.